New Movies & Series

@KenMasters

How is your Danish? Are you able to watch a Danish movie and get 90% of it? I've always found listening to a foreign language is easier than reading or speaking it.
Reading came first, as the pronunciation is very different from either English or Afrikaans - the speaking and listening/understanding developed in tandem.

My Danish is okay, I can hold a conversation, but prefer chatting in English- easier for both parties.
 
@KenMasters

How is your Danish? Are you able to watch a Danish movie and get 90% of it? I've always found listening to a foreign language is easier than reading or speaking it.
Subtitles.

(I try and learn from that.)
 
Last edited:
I am looking forward to this one.

Maybe I should just read the books though, then watch the series after.
I read the first one. I found the initial bit about the Chinese revolution very interesting, but the premise of the book didn’t grab me - found it difficult to buy into.
 
I am looking forward to this one.

Maybe I should just read the books though, then watch the series after.

I read the first one. I found the initial bit about the Chinese revolution very interesting, but the premise of the book didn’t grab me - found it difficult to buy into.

The books are probably my favourite series of all time, each book expands significantly and gets crazier.

That being said, the style of writing is different to western writing and the series tends to focus lot more on the plot and story rather than the characters, which seems to put people off.
 
Back
Top Bottom