News
- Thread starter MarioAna
- Start date
Releasing Helldivers 2 on the Series makes sense for the health of the multiplayer base, but as a platform a number of developers don’t see it as worth the resource allocation at this point.Dunno man, I think Sony will become multi-plat sooner than later. They have a new job offering which seems to point to this exact move…
Xbox is not leaving the console race, they will keep on making consoles. They have already confirmed that.
news.xbox.com
blog.playstation.com
My sentiment too.**** Sony, man.
![]()
Physical disc production ending in January 2028 for new games releasing on PlayStation consoles
In response to shifting trends in consumer preference, new games will be released on PlayStation Store and at retailers in digital formats only.blog.playstation.com
Worst is, just a week ago, people that bought Studio Canal movies from Sony, digitally, were told no more access to their paid for item. A perfect example of why this is a terrible way forward.My sentiment too.
In addition to that the PS3 and Vita store are now going to be shutting down
An update on PlayStation Store for PS3 and PS Vita
So we're being pushed to a digital only future while being reminded that those digital games won't be available in the future.
How far into the future?
If it's Concord a week, if it's anything else who knows!
10 Years? Maybe 20?
Meanwhile I have a Sega Genesis still that will let me play any of the games I own for it whenever I want, while Sonic is being re-released for it on a physical cartage for the 35th anniversary!
Sonic the Hedgehog (35th Anniversary) - Legacy Cartridge Collection
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (35th Anniversary) - Legacy Cartridge Collection
Maybe I'm old, but I find this to be freaking insane.

It makes more sense now why they would also halt Single Player games being released on PC.
If Single Player games were still being released on PC, they would still have competition with steam and people would go there to get it cheaper.
They already have targeted pricing on PSN, so the goal here is simple.
PSN as a digital store where they have a monopoly, control the price for each user, squeeze as much money out of them as possible with no other options.
![]()
Yo this reminds me of reels on Instagram where parents give their kids a VHS tape and then watch them try and figure out how to play itI just realised my 8 year old doesn't even know what a CD, DVD or BlueRay is LOL
We are just getting old!
Yo this reminds me of reels on Instagram where parents give their kids a VHS tape and then watch them try and figure out how to play it
It's crazy to think this is becoming the thing for Disks now too.
Like the kids on Fortnite didn't make me feel old already, now I gotta deal with this too!
Honestly think once I have kids, I'm going to dust off one of my retro machines and make them game on that.
Kiddy is going to learn what real pain is when they try beat Lion King on the Sega Genesis.