Yeah this is the update we were hoping for and it looks like they’ve done a proper job here. Hoping that patches come to some first party games, specifically Spider-Man 2 as that’s now on extra.
The toggle should be good but I imagine not to the level of a patched game.
From all the impressions, Enhanced PSSR is great. Will try it tomorrow.
I'm glad that PSSR and DLSS are now so advanced that high quality upscaling of 1080p to 4K is pretty easy now.
Was definitely not like that with older iterations like DLSS2/FSR3 and whatever FSR 1/2 the base PS5 used to get burdened with a few years ago.
I see there’s online speculation of a miscommunication / mistranslation in regards PSSR 2 updates.
As in the toggle is the update, the games listed aren’t getting discreet patches. Certainly I haven’t received any title specific updates.
Makes sense to me. I didn’t understand why you would need to patch your game, unless you planned to revisit resolutions, RT implementation and such like.
EDIT: So what transpired is that certain titles were white listed to have PSSR 2 applied to them after the system update whether the option was toggled on or not.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.