Rate your recently watched movies

Rate your recently watched movies
War of the Worlds (2025) on Prime.
The trailer alone told me this was going to be garbage.

I remembered I also watched Big George Foreman on the plane. Was pretty decent, very interesting subject matter especially if you lived through it. It could have been done better though, feel like a different director could have done a better job.
 
Superman - not a movie I would watch again. Not the Superman I would have liked and the power scaling is so off it makes a lot of the movie seem dumb.
 
Superman - not a movie I would watch again. Not the Superman I would have liked and the power scaling is so off it makes a lot of the movie seem dumb.
I was told that it tries too hard to be funny? And that
Super Dog
is an irritation.
 
I was told that it tries too hard to be funny? And that
Super Dog
is an irritation.

Didn't find much forced humour or I missed it.

Yes it is very irritating and really hoping it doesn't show up much in the next movie.

Too much wrong with this movie and the controversial message it tries to convey as a gasp moment just fell flat and felt pointless. Really hoping Supergirl is a better movie, she's a better character than Superman and I think they could do more with her so hopefully it's better than this.
 
Superman - not a movie I would watch again. Not the Superman I would have liked and the power scaling is so off it makes a lot of the movie seem dumb.

Think Cavill's Superman was a better film overall.

Didn't find much forced humour or I missed it.

Yes it is very irritating and really hoping it doesn't show up much in the next movie.

Too much wrong with this movie and the controversial message it tries to convey as a gasp moment just fell flat and felt pointless. Really hoping Supergirl is a better movie, she's a better character than Superman and I think they could do more with her so hopefully it's better than this.

LEX LUTHOR was done very well though. Gunn has us hating him from the get go. Mr Terrific was fun, and would have liked more fight sequences overall.

Am of the opinion the best 'Supergirl' we have seen was in the FLASH movie. From the little we got, she was good. The goodie two shoes trope in all the others is too much. Maybe a party girl superhero could work?
 
Mr Terrific had a great scene in the movie.

That's why I've always preferred Supergirl to Superman, she has never been the goodie two shoes trope, she was a teenager when Krypton was destroyed, she lived through the destruction of it, she didn't have the upbringing Clark had and has far more flaws and anger issues. Especially the one we are getting adapted to the new movie, which is based on Tom King's Woman of Tomorrow, where she watched the destruction of her race 3 times and why she turns to alcohol to try and drown out the emotions from it, finding places with red suns to dampen her powers. There was a great piece in the book where it said something along the lines of she doesn't choose to fire a beam from her eyes, have ice breath or run faster than a bullet, she chooses to hold back the heat vision, warm her breath and slow her speed to walk beside you. Every moment of everyday was a struggle to supress the force inside her demanding release. It's one of those panels that sticks with you and says a lot about her and really hope this is explored in the movie. Well worth reading Woman of Tomorrow it's a great story.

She also doesn't hold back as much as Superman does so I'd like to see that transition into the movie.
 
Mission Impossible Final Reckoning - Quite a long winded movie, didn't enjoy how the movie was cut and lost interest due to that, wasn't anywhere near as good as previous movies, found it quite boring with not much happening, could have easily been 1hr shorter.
 
Hector and the search for Happiness 7.5/10

Good change of pace for Pegg, though this is a 10 year old movie. It’s charming and funny and is a good time with the wife/gf/whatever.

Crazy, Stupid, Love 8/10

An even better time with the wife/gf/whatever and is genuinely funny. Emma Stone when she was still mega hot. Not sure how I missed this, it came out in 2011.

The Life of Chuck 8/10.

Some top acting in this King adaptation. Not his usual genre but he dishes these gems out from time to time. Great cast too.
 
I know what you did last summer - was crap

Red Sonja - low budget character deserved better but not terrible.
I watched Red Sonja yesterday as well. I thought it was going to be crap because of the trailer that I have seen but I actually quite enjoyed it.
 
Rebirth: Home Sweet Home

A pile of crap 2/10 only because some CGI was ok. Rest of it is rubbish, sory sucks, actors can't act.

Only watched it because I thought it was somehow related to the Sweet Home Series on Netflix which it is not.

1000061112.jpg
 
Fantastic Four First Steps - wasn't bad wasn't good was kind of a nothing movie, something was off with it. Would much rather watch the older movies than this one again, they were more enjoyable.
 
Superman.

Easily the worst Superman I’ve watched and I’m including Superman 4: The Quest for Peace.

It was Superman for the TikTok generation. Like watching 20 trailers stitched together.

That cast could have been so much better utilized. Can’t fault the talent here, the script was just garbage. Is this the same James Gunn that gave us Guardians? Not even a shadow.
 
Back
Top Bottom