Welcome back post
- Thread starter wazarmoto
- Start date
Viking
Casual member
Hi pal how's it going ?Hey! Welcome back SAGamer!
I like what you guys have done with the place.
Hi pal how's it going ?Hey! Welcome back SAGamer!
I like what you guys have done with the place.
Pretty good mate. I'm officially allowed to say "mate" now.Hi pal how's it going ?
Pretty good mate. I'm officially allowed to say "mate" now.
Never thought i'd see this place back up so that was a really pleasant surprise. I wonder how many of the oldies will eventually make it back even if it's just to say hello.
Where did everyone drift off to while this place was down? I know a lot of people ended up on mybroadband etc, I've been on an Aussie forum but it's not really game focused, it has a gaming section but the banter is pretty sad. Missed just talking kak over here.
Most are on discord. Some of us geriatrics (read @AdrianH) prefer the forum format thoughPretty good mate. I'm officially allowed to say "mate" now.
Never thought i'd see this place back up so that was a really pleasant surprise. I wonder how many of the oldies will eventually make it back even if it's just to say hello.
Where did everyone drift off to while this place was down? I know a lot of people ended up on mybroadband etc, I've been on an Aussie forum but it's not really game focused, it has a gaming section but the banter is pretty sad. Missed just talking kak over here.
Where did everyone drift off to while this place was down? I know a lot of people ended up on mybroadband etc, I've been on an Aussie forum but it's not really game focused, it has a gaming section but the banter is pretty sad. Missed just talking kak over here.
Good to see you again Ken, will be interesting to see if it's even possible to get an old school style forum going these days. To be fair though the Aussie one i'm on has over 900,000 registered members and it's very busy daily. Runs the whole spectrum of topics so it's been a very useful place to get info when you are new to a country. That place is run tight though, no off topic tolerance, no images, videos, gifs. Not even avatars or signatures. It's like Lord Business runs the show over there. But it does work.I was a bit apprehensive about joining, considering the declining months of SAG and what I'd seen on MyBB - but after a few days all seemed good and I'd like to see it take off, so here I am!
Add me to the list of geriatrics then.Most are on discord. Some of us geriatrics (read @AdrianH) prefer the forum format though
Well thanks to the Crypto Whatsapp group otherwise i wouldn't have known it was back.became aware SAG was back online again a few weeks ago.
I looked at MyBB, but that place is awful, not a community I would want to be a part of. Happy with sticking to the handful of AV forums I was already a member of and keeping the conversation light.
It's not much different from what SAGamer was in the past.Yes, its not a community. Well, not a community I feel part of.
But in all fairness, I have received quite a bit of good info and advice over the years from myBB. It has its uses.
Which was my problem with it. One thing for SAG to drift in that direction towards the end - another to opt into a site where the discourse is rife with casual bigotry and anti-intellectualism.MyBB does have a much older more conservative audience though.
I'm a big fan of bigotry tbh.Which was my problem with it. One thing for SAG to drift in that direction towards the end - another to opt into a site where the discourse is rife with casual bigotry and anti-intellectualism.
I'm a big fan of bigotry tbh.
What? I don't get it.Nothing you can do about family members.
What? I don't get it.
Which was my problem with it. One thing for SAG to drift in that direction towards the end - another to opt into a site where the discourse is rife with casual bigotry and anti-intellectualism.
“conservative”MyBB does have a much older more conservative audience though.