Welcome back post

Hi pal how's it going ?
Pretty good mate. I'm officially allowed to say "mate" now.

Never thought i'd see this place back up so that was a really pleasant surprise. I wonder how many of the oldies will eventually make it back even if it's just to say hello.

Where did everyone drift off to while this place was down? I know a lot of people ended up on mybroadband etc, I've been on an Aussie forum but it's not really game focused, it has a gaming section but the banter is pretty sad. Missed just talking kak over here.
 
Pretty good mate. I'm officially allowed to say "mate" now.

Never thought i'd see this place back up so that was a really pleasant surprise. I wonder how many of the oldies will eventually make it back even if it's just to say hello.

Where did everyone drift off to while this place was down? I know a lot of people ended up on mybroadband etc, I've been on an Aussie forum but it's not really game focused, it has a gaming section but the banter is pretty sad. Missed just talking kak over here.

I looked at MyBB, but that place is awful, not a community I would want to be a part of. Happy with sticking to the handful of AV forums I was already a member of and keeping the conversation light.

Bosquito contacted me through AVForums a while back and it was through him I found out SAG was back. I was a bit apprehensive about joining, considering the declining months of SAG and what I'd seen on MyBB - but after a few days all seemed good and I'd like to see it take off, so here I am!
 
Pretty good mate. I'm officially allowed to say "mate" now.

Never thought i'd see this place back up so that was a really pleasant surprise. I wonder how many of the oldies will eventually make it back even if it's just to say hello.

Where did everyone drift off to while this place was down? I know a lot of people ended up on mybroadband etc, I've been on an Aussie forum but it's not really game focused, it has a gaming section but the banter is pretty sad. Missed just talking kak over here.
Most are on discord. Some of us geriatrics (read @AdrianH) prefer the forum format though
 
Where did everyone drift off to while this place was down? I know a lot of people ended up on mybroadband etc, I've been on an Aussie forum but it's not really game focused, it has a gaming section but the banter is pretty sad. Missed just talking kak over here.

I actually went on forum hiatus end of 2021 just before I visited my parents in SA. Did some life changes for the better during 2022 and 2023, and then became aware SAG was back online again a few weeks ago.
 
I was a bit apprehensive about joining, considering the declining months of SAG and what I'd seen on MyBB - but after a few days all seemed good and I'd like to see it take off, so here I am!
Good to see you again Ken, will be interesting to see if it's even possible to get an old school style forum going these days. To be fair though the Aussie one i'm on has over 900,000 registered members and it's very busy daily. Runs the whole spectrum of topics so it's been a very useful place to get info when you are new to a country. That place is run tight though, no off topic tolerance, no images, videos, gifs. Not even avatars or signatures. It's like Lord Business runs the show over there. But it does work.

Most are on discord. Some of us geriatrics (read @AdrianH) prefer the forum format though
Add me to the list of geriatrics then.
became aware SAG was back online again a few weeks ago.
Well thanks to the Crypto Whatsapp group otherwise i wouldn't have known it was back.
 
I don't find MyBB too bad, I only post in the braai and travel threads.

I have been a member there since 2006 so I know who to avoid.
 
I looked at MyBB, but that place is awful, not a community I would want to be a part of. Happy with sticking to the handful of AV forums I was already a member of and keeping the conversation light.

Yes, its not a community. Well, not a community I feel part of.

But in all fairness, I have received quite a bit of good info and advice over the years from myBB. It has its uses.
 
Yes, its not a community. Well, not a community I feel part of.

But in all fairness, I have received quite a bit of good info and advice over the years from myBB. It has its uses.
It's not much different from what SAGamer was in the past.

The old guard gives the newbies a hard time and that's why everyone here disliked MyBB as they went there as fresh meat.

Same happened on SAGamer for anyone who wasn't around for years already.

MyBB does have a much older more conservative audience though.
 
Which was my problem with it. One thing for SAG to drift in that direction towards the end - another to opt into a site where the discourse is rife with casual bigotry and anti-intellectualism.

Yeah make no mistake because it’s a much larger community as well my ignore list is well populated.
 
Back
Top Bottom