Welcome back post

Welcome back.

I'm the admin at thegrotto.co.za. I've added you back to my SA forum list. I delete inactive forums from my list, but since you are back...

I've been running The Grotto using Xenforo since early 2020 and honestly it is a pain to use. If you guys need any advice feel free to ask, I'll likely have to go check my notes but I'll help where I can. It really is not an intuitive platform to run. @AfricanTech asked me how to get Tapatalk working, I have sent the info to him.

PS: you'll probably want HTTPS to be the default as Google punishes you for allowing HTTP as it is at the moment.
 
Welcome back.

I'm the admin at thegrotto.co.za. I've added you back to my SA forum list. I delete inactive forums from my list, but since you are back...

I've been running The Grotto using Xenforo since early 2020 and honestly it is a pain to use. If you guys need any advice feel free to ask, I'll likely have to go check my notes but I'll help where I can. It really is not an intuitive platform to run. @AfricanTech asked me how to get Tapatalk working, I have sent the info to him.

PS: you'll probably want HTTPS to be the default as Google punishes you for allowing HTTP as it is at the moment.
Thanks for the support.

PS: I am on The Grotto, but went on hiatus along with my other forums 18 months ago. I might pop in again 😀
 
Thanks for the support.

PS: I am on The Grotto, but went on hiatus along with my other forums 18 months ago. I might pop in again 😀
I've recently made it visible only to registered users (still free registration, no restrictions). Due to the AI bandwagon lots of companies are trying to do machine learning of their large language models (LLM) using forums/facebook/twitter/reddit etc as a source, loading the server. Where I used to have 10-20 registered users online vs 20-30 guests it spiked to 500-800 guests at any one time slowing down the server. Hopefully this fad passes and I can open it up again. You're likely to get the same as you grow...
 
Back
Top Bottom