Recently Purchased

How was the PS5 connected to the amp if it wasn't eARC before?

Everything connects directly to the Denon, then the Denon to the TV. No need for eARC (normally).

The C9 was the first TV with HDMI 2.1, I can't remember the exact details, but they beat everyone else out by a year by grafting a 2.1 chipset onto their existing HDMI 2.0 board - I'm thinking maybe this is the problem. I'm still waiting on delivery of my G3, we'll see if that resolves the issue.

Everything connects directly to the Denon, then the Denon to the TV. No need for eARC (normally).

The C9 was the first TV with HDMI 2.1, I can't remember the exact details, but they beat everyone else out by a year by grafting a 2.1 chipset onto their existing HDMI 2.0 board - I'm think maybe this it the problem. I'm still waiting on delivery of my G3, we'll see if that resolves the issue.

Ah, of course. Been so long I forgot about using the amp as the input controller.

G3 is the wall mounted LG Oled right?

Not having the best experience unfortunately. The PS5 is dropping out when using it. Will use eARC in the meantime, hopefully it will be resolved with an update, being as new as it is.

User error on my part it turns out. I had output one and two connected to the same TV, which I could do no problem on my old AVR, but HDCP 2.3 doesn't allow it. Using the single connection, all works perfectly.

Vauxhall Mokka Ultimate
  • 2023 May registration
  • 1043 miles on clock
  • £21300
PS: A new one is £33500. Just shows how much a car depreciates over a year boundary. Its absolutely crazy to buy a new car and lose 1/3rd in value in less than 1 year of ownership.

1709049753482.png

Some great martial arts releases coming this year:

View attachment 1333

The Raid's original Blu-ray release is awful picture quality wise, this Ultra HD update is possibly the single biggest difference between a regular and Ultra HD Blu-ray to date - just night and day (due predominantly to the director Gareth Evans' inexperience at the time, not the format itself):

View attachment 1334

Next release I'm psyched for is my favourite Jet Lee flick - a remake of Bruce Lee's Fist of Fury:

View attachment 1335
The director of The Raid had a little blog that he would always post these BTS clips of Raid 1 while secretly filming Raid 2, I followed that guy like he was the messiah. Him and the stunt guys (composed of the main actor and the Beast from the 1st movie) crafted the epic kitchen fight in Raid 2 five or two years before the movie was even shot. I absolutely loved both those movies and was fortunate enough to get a blu ray of Raid 2.

The director of The Raid had a little blog that he would always post these BTS clips of Raid 1 while secretly filming Raid 2, I followed that guy like he was the messiah. Him and the stunt guys (composed of the main actor and the Beast from the 1st movie) crafted the epic kitchen fight in Raid 2 five or two years before the movie was even shot. I absolutely loved both those movies and was fortunate enough to get a blu ray of Raid 2.

Yea, I swapped the regular BD disc that comes with the Ultra HD version of The Raid with my BD copy of The Raid 2:

The Raid.jpg

Is that a Nike thing to make custom designs? Or a 3rd party thing?
It might require you to sign up to Nike, but on their site it’s possible to customize certain shoes at a small markup. Very easy to use tool and lots of permutations.

Car Seat Belt Clips to reduce the tension across the body. Bought the first set from Midas in early 2000s. They finally packed in.

1712853277636.png

618ujGjyWfL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I never paid attention to VR, but after visiting the Yorkshire Railway Museum of all places (Don't judge, it was raining and there was fokol to do outside) and trying out their VR setup, I decided to pull the trigger.

Also, it helps that GT7 and Horizon Call of the Mountain is on special on the PS Store so got those as well.
Only downside is that my achievement hunting on XBOX will take a break for a while.

View attachment 1649

I never paid attention to VR, but after visiting the Yorkshire Railway Museum of all places (Don't judge, it was raining and there was fokol to do outside) and trying out their VR setup, I decided to pull the trigger.

Also, it helps that GT7 and Horizon Call of the Mountain is on special on the PS Store so got those as well.
Only downside is that my achievement hunting on XBOX will take a break for a while.

That Horizon games looks incredible (it was my first VR experience ever) but it feels more like a tech demo movie than a game.

Still, I was VERY impressed.

Back
Top Bottom