Game Pass

Game Pass
Sir! did you come right with this?

My sub is expiring next week. I've read that Microsoft has clamped down on the use of cheap Indian codes outside of India, even with the use of a VPN...

I am just going the month to month route.
 
I sold my XSX because of I couldn't find a stackable solution. Got a second PS5 and bumped up the plus sub instead since most of my library is on that.
 
I sold my XSX because of I couldn't find a stackable solution. Got a second PS5 and bumped up the plus sub instead since most of my library is on that.

Stacking does/did work, I bought 6 month membership from CDKeys last year and maxed out to October 2027.

That said, it seems MS is clamping down on what you can purchase now and pushing for monthly subs, MS are only offering 1 to 3 month GP Ultimate membership which you can stack.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JoE
Stacking does/did work, I bought 6 month membership from CDKeys last year and maxed out to October 2027.

That said, it seems MS is clamping down on what you can purchase now and pushing for monthly subs, MS are only offering 1 to 3 month GP Ultimate membership which you can stack.

At R200 a month in SA the stacking and conversion route is not worth the effort for me, I don't want to struggle with VPN's to get cheap Indian codes.
 
Stacking does/did work, I bought 6 month membership from CDKeys last year and maxed out to October 2027.

That said, it seems MS is clamping down on what you can purchase now and pushing for monthly subs, MS are only offering 1 to 3 month GP Ultimate membership which you can stack.

They really like to stick it to themselves. I planned on keeping the gamepass sub and only using my PS for the sony exclusives and they made me do a 360 ironically. It was right there... $15 gamepass and play anywhere. No tiers or anything, just a single product and you decide the device you want to play it on.
 
  • Available Today – Rain World
  • Available Today – Descenders Next
  • August 6 – Citizen Sleeper 2: Starward Vector (Xbox Series X|S)
  • August 6 – Lonely Mountains: Snow Riders (Xbox Series X|S)
  • August 6 – MechWarrior 5: Clans (Xbox Series X|S)
  • August 6 – Orcs Must Die! Deathtrap (Xbox Series X|S)
  • August 7 – Assassin’s Creed Mirage (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • August 12 – Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • August 14 – 9 Kings (Game Preview) (PC)
FREE to Play: August 19 - Delta Force
 
Microsoft is raising the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription price by 50% to $29.99 per month, effective immediately, the company announced Wednesday.

The $10 spike comes with a slew of changes to all its Game Pass plans, though its Essential and Premium plans will remain the same price at $9.99 and $14.99, respectively.

The Game Pass Core tier will no longer exist and instead will be rolled into the Essential tier, while Standard subscribers will move to the Premium tier.

1000061546.jpg

 

Attachments

  • 1000061546.jpg
    1000061546.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 1
Biggest sucker punch they could give to their customers. I said it many times before. They should make online mp free for all xbox users and sell a single gamepass sub for $15. No need to copy the tiered set up of sony. If you want to own a game then purchase it during a 'sale'. Don't know why they complicate things unecessarily.
 
Biggest sucker punch they could give to their customers. I said it many times before. They should make online mp free for all xbox users and sell a single gamepass sub for $15. No need to copy the tiered set up of sony. If you want to own a game then purchase it during a 'sale'. Don't know why they complicate things unecessarily.

spongebob squarepants GIF
 
Well, I am all stacked up for now. Will deal with the increase prices in 2028.

1759506300277.jpg
Lucky you. Did you stack it with the games with gold conversion just before they changed those rules as well? That was part of my decision to cancel my GP and swap the Series X for another PS5.
 
Lucky you. Did you stack it with the games with gold conversion just before they changed those rules as well? That was part of my decision to cancel my GP and swap the Series X for another PS5.

I did initially, but I remember some time back MS reset the ratios so you didn't really score anymore.
I mainly used CdKeys to buy prepaids on sale and stack up, it way cheaper than just paying month to month.

I will likely fall back to Premium once this lot is expired as I am not really playing the day 1 releases on day 1 anyway.
 
Xbox Game Pass ‘has become too expensive,’ says Microsoft’s new gaming chief in leaked memo

Microsoft’s new Xbox chief, Asha Sharma, has signaled that Xbox Game Pass pricing is about to change. In an internal memo to Xbox employees, obtained by The Verge, Sharma admits that “Game Pass has become too expensive for players” and that Microsoft needs “a better value equation.”

“Game Pass is central to gaming value on Xbox. It’s also clear that the current model isn’t the final one,” says Sharma. “Short term, Game Pass has become too expensive for players, so we need a better value equation. Long term, we will evolve Game Pass into a more flexible system which will take time to test and learn around.”

Microsoft hiked the price of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to $29.99 per month last year, a massive 50 percent hike. The company tried to justify the price hike with a variety of upgrades across all of its Xbox Game Pass tiers, but the cost increase has clearly taken its toll on Game Pass.

I understand that part of the cost increase for Game Pass was down to Microsoft’s decision to add Call of Duty into the subscription service. I reported nearly two years ago that Microsoft had been debating whether to put new releases of Call of Duty into Game Pass, with concerns from some at the company at the time that the revenue generated from typical Call of Duty sales would be undermined by Game Pass. Microsoft went on to add Call of Duty to Game Pass in the summer of 2024.

Over the weekend, Windows Central’s Jez Corden hinted that Microsoft might be about to take Call of Duty out of Game Pass. “If they take Call of Duty out of Game Pass this year, which is a possibility from what I’ve heard, I think it will kind of reveal some of the cracks in the strategy, possibly,” said Corden on the XB2+1 podcast.

Sharma references the “online chatter” about rumors of Microsoft changing Game Pass pricing, and says she’ll “go deeper” with Xbox employees next week. I wouldn’t expect any immediate price changes in the coming days, but it certainly seems that Sharma is aware of the Game Pass pricing issues and is getting ready to address them in the coming weeks.


 
Back
Top Bottom