Today's high and lows

High: secured a new role at work after a prolonged period of uncertainty. A couple levels above where I am now with a bit more money.

Low: I kinda like my current role and especially the squad I’m in. Oh well, new things.

Also the Ashes starts today, good to watch Eng and Aus playing for 3rd and 4th in world cricket :)
 
Low - My wife was made redundant at her company at the end of last month along with 300 other people.

High - They gave her a good settlement, paid her out for her notice period and said she didn't have to work through it, plus she starts her new job on Monday, so she has had a nice 3 week break and I'm glad she is out of that toxic company, gave me flashbacks for when I also worked for a US company with some of the things they did. New job will be much better and she gets a nice salary bump so overall was one of those life moments that pushes you in the right direction. Very happy it's all worked out for her especially over what can be a stressful situation for people to be put in especially at this time of year, also it's a great time to start when things are slowing down and she can ease into the new role.

Extra High - Couple more work days until I go on a month long break, looking forward to just relaxing and playing some games, Metroid Prime 4 comes out just in time.
 
What percentage of the employee base would that be? Also, was it related to "AI taking the jobs" at all?

No idea, according to google employee count it would be about 20%, but they have had 3 rounds of layoffs this year and always seems to tie into a boost in their share prices so someone is making money of these games. Majority of the terminations are US based, they have very few UK employees, pretty sure they are trying to close the UK office bit by bit.

The majority of the layoffs are because of AI, one of the managers blatantly just said AI will replace them and they need to get use to it because it's going to happen and don't be shocked when it does.

In my wife's case they promoted her about 3 months back to a new position and then slowly stopped giving her things to do and at the end said it was no longer a position the company needed. Funnily enough she only found out later that she took the position of someone who got let go for the same reason but because they all have to sign NDA's not much info gets out. For her it was take the settlement or try to see if a position opens up in the company. I said take the settlement and leave that ****ty place it's not worth the stress they put employees through.
 
High - Metroid Prime 4 finally releases this week after 8 years of waiting

Extra High - 2 work days left until my month long holiday begins and I get to celebrate the first day by playing Prime 4.
 
High: My Black Friday Hauls are being delivered this week, some came through yesterday.
Low: My bonus is already spent before I've received it!
 
High: secured a new role at work after a prolonged period of uncertainty. A couple levels above where I am now with a bit more money.

Low: I kinda like my current role and especially the squad I’m in. Oh well, new things.

Can't believe I need to come here to learn about this!
Well done.

I also got a promotion.
 
High: Went to Winter Wonderland, did some ice skating.

Higher: @Bighit hooked me up with free tickets for entry and skating. Thanks dude

Low: Everything else was expensive. 3 x burger, chips and cokes, £50 🤬. Moat rides were £5 per person.
 
High: Had a fantastic Xmas.

Higher: Went to Toby's for Xmas lunch. It was not cheap but fortunately wife's work paid for it as part of their yearly gifts to employees.

Low: I have been pigging out, I feel bleugh!
 
Last edited:
Low: Back to work today
High: Leave Mon-Wed to help the twins settle into high school
Low: Back to work (again) after that!
 
High - OP is booming at the moment, my OP value has gone up over 10x in a month, it's an insane market right now that just keeps rising.
Low - OP market, too many people coming in and not enough product to go around driving prices way higher than they should be.
 
Back
Top Bottom